As one of the most tender cuts you can get, this pork loin nearly melts in your mouth. It's filled with tangy-sweet apples and a wonderful honey-balsamic-soy-garlic sauce that leaves you wanting more.
Plan on putting it together early in the morning to let it cook on low all day. Keep in mind that the smaller you cut the vegetable chunks, the better chance of them softening completely.
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes | COOK TIME: 8-10 Hours | SERVES: 6+
2 to 3 pound pork loin
2 apples (one thinly sliced and the other cut into small chunks)
1 yellow onion (cut into small chunks)
5 medium to large carrots (cut into small chunks)
10-15 baby red potatoes (cut in half)
2 tablespoons minced garlic
4 tablespoons soy sauce
6 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1.5 cups chicken broth (double flavor)
salt and pepper
- Prepare onion, carrots, potatoes and one apple by cutting them all into small chunks. Put them into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour the chicken broth over the veggies in the slow cooker.
- Make a series of parallel cuts across the length of the pork loin and fill each cut with a slice of apple. Gently place the apple-filled pork loin into the slow cooker, on top of the veggies.
- Season generously with salt and pepper evenly over the contents of the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, honey, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, cinnamon and minced garlic. Pour over the pork loin and vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.