As one of the most tender cuts you can get, this pork loin nearly melts in your mouth. It's filled with tangy-sweet apples and a wonderful honey-balsamic-soy-garlic sauce that leaves you wanting more.
Plan on putting it together early in the morning to let it cook on low all day (~ 8 hours). Keep in mind that the smaller you cut the vegetable chunks, the better chance of them softening properly.
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes | COOK TIME: 8 Hours | SERVES: 4-6
1-2 pound pork loin
2 apples (one thinly sliced and the other cut into small chunks)
1 medium yellow onion (cut into small chunks)
5 medium sized carrots (cut into small chunks)
5-6 small red potatoes (cut into small chunks)
4 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chicken broth (double flavor)
salt and pepper
- Prepare onion, carrots, potatoes and one apple by cutting them all into small chunks. Put them into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour the chicken broth over the veggies in the slow cooker.
- Make a series of parallel cuts across the length of the pork loin and fill each cut with a slice of apple. Gently place the apple-filled pork loin into the slow cooker, on top of the veggies.
- Season with salt and pepper evenly over the contents of the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, honey, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, cinnamon and minced garlic. Pour over the pork loin and vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for 8 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.